Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BRAND NEW CYCLE, OLD KEY

J-JAL the elder and J-JAL the younger
(photo: Julie Rumer)




















As you race down the hall on unsteady
Legs, glancing back over your shoulder
Giggling and batting your lashes at me

In the space between my life and yours
Stretches all time and none, the circle
Enfolds us both but is loose enough
To let you slip through and back in again

The key rusty and unused glints now
From a corner of my psyche little visited
Beneath a frayed mat I thought to never
Lift again but want very much to move now

In fact, you make me want to be able to move
Proverbial mountains or their metaphoric like
You have me considering ways to prolong my life
Conspiring to help make sure your time here is epic

S.E.Ingraham©


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Brothers Dragonosaurus (and their wizardly granny) are breathing ancient fire, fairly chomping at their paleolithic roots to hear what you have to say ...